Welcome To What's Going On At Nanny's House

Hello everyone, and welcome to my house. Well, to answer the question, "what's going on at Nanny's house?" There's always something going on here! Have you ever known a grandparent's house that wasn't buzzing with activity? This one is no exception. Very few days of the week finds this house void of an energetic, happy and fun loving 2 year old little girl named Emma Marie, our Granddaughter.

The walls of this happy home resound with the endless chatter, laughter and the sweetest giggles that roll constantly from Emma's lips. What beautiful music it is to our ears. We thank God for this precious gift.

My husband and I are happy to announce a major renovation at our house since my last blog. Our home has grown by two feet! It's amazing how much joy two feet adds to your home. These two beautiful feet belong to our new Grandson, Padraig Henry Doherty. He is beautiful, God is so good and we are so thankful.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Sweet, Precious Visit

Aunt Debbie Cuddling Pádraig

Cheek to cheek, heart to heart, many miles between us but never far apart

Aunt Debbie's Niece Jen, Great Nephew Pádraig and Great Niece Emma Marie

I waited so long for this visit, Aunt Debbie just happens to be my Sister! I feel very comfortable in saying that FEW sisters in the world have such a special bond and relationship as Debbie and I share. My sister is 2 years older than me. In spite of the age difference, it was and has always been as if we were twins. We grew up as best friends and remain the same today. Debbie was never blessed with any children of her own, so, as she always told me "Sis, your children are my children", it's been that way since their birth. Now that Emma Marie and Pádraig Henry have been born, my Grandchildren are "her" grandchildren! Should it be any different, the answer is no! My sister loves with no boundaries. Our family has witnessed that throughout her entire lifetime in how she selflessly gives of herself to her family, fiends and others. My sister, our sister, my children's Aunt Debbie is One-of-a-Kind. Debbie traveled from Kentucky to visit me. We went to my daughter's house and spent 5 nights. Jen, Pádraig's Mom and Ryan his Daddy were allowed 5 good nights of uninterrupted sleep while Debbie and I took turns caring for Pádraig throughout the night. We laughed, helped each other change dirty diapers, gave the baby a bath, reminisced of times past, cried together, laughed a lot more, enjoyed immensely watching Jen mothering her first baby; it was a sweet, sweet, precious week which passed much too quickly. Thank you sis for coming and sharing such a joyous time with Jen and me. Oh how I love you.

2 comments: